Faculty Since 1996
Kenneth Botton, PhD
Affiliate Professor of Pastoral Theology
Coordinator of Chaplaincy Studies
B.U.S., University of New Mexico
MDiv, Talbot Theological Seminary
MA (Christian Education), Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD (Education Studies), Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- (847) 317-8165
- [email protected]
Dr. Botton maintains extensive ties to various forms of chaplaincy ministries. A retired U.S. Navy chaplain, he now serves as Chaplain Endorser for the Plymouth Brethren, supervising 12 chaplains, and also ministers as Associate Chaplain at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport. A member of the National Conference on Ministry to the Armed Forces, Chaplains Alliance for Religious Liberty, the Association for Professional Chaplains and the Military Chaplains Association, Dr. Botton regularly participates in ongoing discussions relating to the intersection of religious liberties and the Constitution. In addition to coordinating Chaplaincy Studies at TEDS, Dr. Botton teaches in Trinity’s REACH program and has lectured at various Bible Schools in New Zealand and India.
Dr. Botton is a member of the Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), the National Conference on Ministry to the Armed Forces (NCMAF), the Chaplains Alliance for Religious Liberty (CALL), and the Military Chaplains Association (MCA), and has received the Navy Marine Corps Commendation Medal (3 awards) and the Coast Guard Commendation Medal.
Dr. Botton has published many works including:
- “University,” in Evangelical Dictionary of Christian Education, Michael J. Anthony, ed. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, 2001.
- “Educating for Spirituality,” co-authored with Chuck King and Junias Venugopal, Christian Education Journal 1NS (Spring 1997): 33-48
- “Regent College: An Experiment in Theological Education.” Ph.D. diss., Trinity International University, 2004.
- “Military Chaplaincy: A Constitutional Provision.” Journey, Summer 2008, 26-29.
- “Military Chaplaincy: A Constitutional Provision.” EFCA Today, Summer 2009.
- INTEREST Magazine (Editor), January 1995-June 1996.
Ken is married to Patricia (1971) and enjoys travel, classical music, and movies.