In order to receive financial aid, you will need to apply for it by completing a FAFSA. Outlined below are the steps you need to make sure you complete in order to be eligible for financial aid during your time at Trinity.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1.
Trinity International University school code: 001772
- Review and Return your Award Letter. Once you have been accepted to the REACH program, you will receive an award letter summarizing your financial aid package. You may accept or reject any portion of the financial aid offer by circling (A) for accept or (R) for reject. Please return your award letter stating your intention to our office within 30 days of receipt.
- Complete a Direct Master Promissory Note. If this is the first time you are requesting a Direct Loan while at Trinity, you will need to complete a Master Promissory Note.
- Complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling. Before a Direct loan can be applied to your student account, federal regulations require that you complete entrance counseling online through the Direct Loan website. Entrance Counseling provides information about how to manage your student loans both during and after college.
Meet the Deadlines!
- October 1: Earliest date to submit the FAFSA
- As soon as possible after October 1: To be eligible to receive MAP Grant for Illinois students only