Where can this degree take me?
The Nonprofit Administration major will prepare you in different ways than the business major. In addition to enhancing your leadership skills, courses in board governance, volunteer management, nonprofit financial management, and nonprofit marketing will help you succeed as you pursue your calling.
- Qualify for a variety of administrative positions, such as an executive director or a program manager.
- Develop your ability to analyze the function and dynamics of boards that govern nonprofit organizations.
- Gain leadership skills to manage diverse employees, to communicate key information, and to lead effective teams.
- Cultivate the skills you need to recruit and to manage volunteers in a variety of nonprofit settings.
- Develop the ability to manage the finances of nonprofit organizations, including fundraising and grant writing.
- Apply the principles of marketing that are unique to nonprofit settings.
- Transition into a variety of master’s programs.